Friday, June 05, 2009

May Morning

Today started
with the soft snowfall of willow-down
drifting from the riverside trees
in the warm, bright morning air.

Today ended
sitting in the garden in the dark
watching the stars appear,
seeing the moon-milk on the honeysuckle leaves
and wishing someone would share it with me.

Between the start and the end
I have struggled,
looking for things to keep me active,
things to keep my mind from turning inward to the
hint of shadow that,
in some lights,
looks to be a gaping hole.

(c) A McN

Strange how, even surrounded by beauty and aware of blessing, the shadows can cast an unseasonable chill over the inner landscapes of the mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susannah said...

"things to keep my mind from turning inward to the
hint of shadow that,
in some lights,
looks to be a gaping hole."

So well put - summing up something that I am sure most have felt but couldn't have voiced.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home