Sunday, February 26, 2012

In hospital

Stormcloud bubbles;
boils black against the moon.
Clouds race, light dims and fades.

The moonglow thins to yellow candleflame of light
stuttering in the dark storm- shredded shadows of the night.

I have watched you from a distance teeter on the edge of life.

I have feared for life's fragility
but felt the deep resilience of love.

I have seen the father-love of God
expressed in human form by parents I am proud to know.

I know however deep the cloud or dark the storm
the moon still shines a beacon in the dark;
as love illuminates our fear
and makes us hope anew. 


(c) A Mc N


It is hard to have a grandchild live so far away, harder still when they are seriously ill. But neither love nor faith  diminish with distance. And he is recovered fully now!   

2 Comments:

Blogger Susannah said...

Your descriptions reflect the difficult emotions so vividly.

I am so glad that all was well. x

9:26 AM  
Blogger Graham@Pengam said...

Thank you Alistair, blessings for the future.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home