Monday, December 15, 2008

What it is..

So what is it I am looking for with you?

It is hard to say exactly
But I think I'll know it when I find it.

It will be the colour of a purity
Bright enough strong enough to be unafraid of contamination:
sure enough it need not stand aloof.

It will be the shape of a courage
that can question even itself
without defensiveness.

It will have the weight of faith,
not so light as to blow away in every wind but...
nor so heavy as to weigh me down with needless burdens.

It will have the knowledge to
discern the good from the bad;
the bad from the neutral
and the motivation that flavours
every choice I make.

And most of all it will teach me
to be real
human
accepted
loved:

and more holy
than I yet know how to be.


(c) A McN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home